Monday, June 1, 2015

This week on the web....

Sarah Hallberg's Ted Talk on reversing diabetes is interesting and well worth a listen.

I loved the look of the book Snail Mail. Julie at Notes on Paper did a review of it here.

Of all the meals that make it hard to eliminate grains and almost impossible to eliminate milk (for the sake of teenage skin) breakfast is the hardest... lots of ideas here.

Teacher Tom is talking about Name Calling. The poster in the comments who wrote about the Baby Bully blew my mind (not in a good way).

Hmmm skipping meals leads to weight gain in mice at least... something else to think about.

I'm wondering what the kids would think of Nori as a wrap?

This one is interesting too- our kids don't really eat fish at all and have only a few other sources of Omega 3.

It's pretty cool that Canadians are looking at leaving fruit juice off their healthy eating guidelines!

I was also interested to see what the connection between gut health and mental health may be... serotonin, mostly made in the gut!

An interesting perspective on the Serial story... the perspective of those behind bars.

We're pretty good about how many toys we have out, but I really wish I had read this before we even had children. 

Vellichor and Sonder? who knew... glad I do now. :-)

Cute Bookmarks.

I'm a bit sad that this blog is no longer maintained but at least I can go back and read the archives now I've discovered it because i ♥ Montessori too. Like this one about unplugging from electronic media.

I'm listening to the Mortified Podcast... funny! You can get it on iTunes.

Also funny is the exchange between Glennon and her daughter's teacher in Foldergate... the first part of the post about going off script makes me thoughtful- it was certainly something I did in Auckland, not so much here.

I also loved Glennon's post on Facebook- about responding... or not.

Wow- French supermarkets will be banned from throwing away or destroying unsold food and must instead donate it to charities or for animal feed, under a law set to crack down on food waste. I think this is awesome and would love to see it happen everywhere.


No comments: