Monday, February 23, 2015

This week on the web....

 Not much reading online this week either I'm doing LOAD and cutting back my computer time but here goes.....

This retrospective article highlighting a lady who was sentenced to 5 days in prison for wearing 'slacks' to testify in court was pretty funny and also fascinating.

This article about how the key women involved in the Serial Case online are being treated  and spoken about by members of the public/reddit was also interesting.

This from Glennon about a 'sex talk' had me laughing till I cried. 

This really short article from Donald Miller (whose new book I got this week) has a super cool video at the end... watch it!

Oliver Sacks article on his diagnosis with terminal cancer is a good one. Hmmmm that sounds depressing but it's so totally not!

I really like Shauna Niequist (even though I struggle to spell her name for some reason), her book Bittersweet was another I ordered this week (it's been a good week for books- though I really wish the libraries here in Perth would come to the party more often). Her article Why you should change the story you're currently living was a good reminder. And this one: Jealously and Regret are great teachers.

Teacher Tom suggests we Show up.... before it's too late!  And he's also talking about Smart and Happy Kids... so simple, and yet so hard some days.

Etsy goodness......


 I'd love to get some of these proportional number blocks for the little boys! I'd need four or five sets though to make it really interesting.
 Love these Junk Journal bits from Julie Kirk!



I'm still thinking on my 'Together' necklace... I'm still leaning towards a triangle but I do like this one!


♥ 

No comments: