Tuesday, January 6, 2015

This week on the web..... 6-1-15




I loved this: The Power of Our Stories

I thought this could be a fun exercise: Letters to my future self especially for Merenia or Kieran though I think he'd be less likely to do it. Of course you could just do it without spending the $20. :-)

I enjoyed this article about the Sydney Siege: The Lone Dickhead

Kids who eat the same food as their parents are healthier.... no surprises there.

From Summer Tomato: It's not shallow to care about how you look.

I liked this quote from John Richmond on the Storyline blog:

"I think it matters what we choose to treasure up and ponder in our hearts: treasuring problems leads to anxiety, treasuring hope yields joy."

Looking for a One Little Word for 2015... here are some ideas to help find it.

What about for the kiddos?

Or would you prefer resolutions? These ones for families are pretty good.
And here's Gretchen's 13 ways to help you keep them.

Exercise: 10 minutes... only one or two hard out?

Teacher Tom: Six Things I loved what he said about the Magic of Christmas.

I liked this concept of giving teenagers words to use from Glennon.

7 Things Happy, Healthy People Do Every Morning - I am wondering if anyone has some suggestions of something positive and easy to read each morning?

I am looking at getting: 

365 Days of Wonder as a discussion point for the kids.


27 Simple Things to Start Doing for Your Happiness- 27 is a long list I narrowed it down to 15 for me... some are just reminders though really.... it's always good to come across things on a list like this that you have under control. :-)

How about changing your life with mini habits



You can tell from my reading list that I have been doing a lot of prep for the new year... you can have a fresh start any day you want, but I think there's something special about January.  Wishing you a Happy New Year... with lots of good reading.

Start here with Star-stretched Hearts


No comments: