Monday, September 22, 2014

This week on the web....

I was blown away by the way US cops are ripping off people, it's bad enough the tactics they use in places like Ferguson but this is the rather sour cherry on top of the steaming pile of shit cake that is the US Police.

A nice little read about the Finnish Education system. '

Teacher Tom was 'Wondering':

Sometimes it sparks remarkable conversations, speculations about nature, social dynamics, physics, and physicality. Sometimes not. The underlying point I think is not the specific things we say after the words "I wonder . . ." but rather the role-modeling of the inquiry itself. When we make these statements aloud, children hear us engaging the world as life-long learners, as critical thinkers, as philosophers, as people who still don't have all the answers. It reveals us in our proper role in this world that is far more often gray than black or white: it teaches the habit of taking a stance in life not as a mere test taker, but rather as a tester, which is what lies at the heart of a true education.

I discovered Paper Trail this week... lovely stationery, cute stamps.

If you haven't seen Emma Watson's speech to launch HeforShe with the UN you should have a look it's a goody.

No surprises that less supportive people do overweight people no favours with the judgement, blame and criticism. I wonder what effect the kicking we give ourselves has.

Down with Low-fat! This one is old- but it's short and a good reminder about what the research is saying that the drug companies would prefer we didn't know.

My etsy finds this week:

 Awesome Lake Print from Bree Madden. I love this and have a lake nearby I'd like to do the same with!




Teeny tiny super cute fox original picture from Oh Chalet.

This very cool G is a wedding cake topper... weird I'd just hang it on my wall! From The Original Twig.

I had no idea you could get Boot Cuffs!! I totally needed some of these when I got my new Doc Martens!!  From Happy Knit and Crochet.

No comments: