Sunday, June 15, 2014

This week on the web....

Timbernook on fidgety children.

Teacher Tom on Bill Gates, Common Core, and Venture Philanthropy.
And this one on Where Happy Heathly Adults come from.

Scrapbooking: If Jennifer Wilson could start from scratch. I agree with her for the record.
And this one about her process- I followed this process when I did LOAD and produced LO's that make me pleased to have them in my album. I need to do it more often. But I'd like to move journalling to step 2- so I know how much space I need  for it on my page.

Sarah Wilson at I quit Sugar: 6 reasons why nutrition science does our head in.

The coolest story about Calvin and Hobbes creator Bill Watterson ever. 

Where Cathy Zielske waxes lyrical about her Fitbit too.  I'm loving mine.

Teeth troubles.... this scares the almighty crap out of me.

Need to help someone who is grieving? This is fantastic!

Every wondered why 'x' is the unknown? This 4 minute Ted talk answers the question.

An article about things that are not so sugar free. I think we'll starts seeing a lot more of this and it's variations soon. :-)

Optical Illusion... this one is cool for kids.

My friend Jim sent me this... I love it.



Andie's most recent post at Can you stay for dinner? Especially this part:
Maybe we need to see that we’re all just human, that we’re all more alike than we think, that so many of us are struggling, that each one of us is working it all out, day by day. Maybe we just need people who get it. Friends who are real, who accept, who buckle down with us, who laugh at all the insanity, who get on our level and make us know that we’re going to be just fine.
Because we are.
 and this:
And that is: I can never wait on some external change/ achievement/ projection of perfection to starting living. There is no body, no job, no significant other, and no amount of money that brings with it the kind of pure and unending happiness that we imagine it will. Happiness, contentment, fullness — they’re created in experiences. A million teeny tiny experiences. And to feel them? We have to be open, accepting. We have to let ourselves feel them — fully without holding back, without worrying about how we look while we’re living

Loved this quote that Teacher Tom shared:

The essence of democracy is its assurance that every human being should so respect himself and should be so respected in his own personality that he should have opportunity equal to that of every other human being to show what he was meant to become.  ~Anna Garlin Spencer 
A lost of quick and easy to set up inside activities for kids... mostly the younger ones.

And Rachel from Hands Free Mama has a cool idea for noticing the good and acknowledging it.

I'd really like to have a very cool personalised Address Stamp like the ones at Paperwink. I'd also like to change our family name to Shenanigan so we can get this with a couple of extra letters.....


Kellie from Kellie Stamps has a great list of 20 things to blog about.

And here's another 20 things..... 20 hard things you need to do to be  happy.

♥ 

6 reasons why nutrition science does our head in
6 reasons why nutrition science does our head in
6 reasons why nutrition science does our head in
6 reasons why nutrition science does our head in
6 reasons why nutrition science does our head in
6 reasons why nutrition science does our head in
6 reasons why nutrition science does our head in


No comments: