Thursday, May 29, 2014

I want to run.

You just read that twice right?

 Me too. In fact I've been sitting on this information for over a week. But it's still there gnawing away at me. It started at Hockey practice Tuesday last week. I love Tuesday Practice- it's almost 2 hours of sitting in a car that is as peaceful (or not) as I want it to be. Reading whatever I want without interruption except to sip or snack.

But last week I didn't want to read I wanted to run. I had a vision of myself (a much skinnier version) out running circuits and doing the beep test up and down the court for fun while the guys practiced. 

Did you see that? I just said 'for fun'- running for fun.

Um what? Where's the real me. The one that made getting out of the cross country, medicine ball run and various other forms of high school PE torture look like a frickin art form with me as one of the old masters- kicking arse at slacking!

I don't even like running. I don't think it's healthy- it's bad on your joints and stresses the cardio vascular system to the point of heart attack in completely healthy people. Not to mention it makes things wobble and bounce and rub- ouch. I would go so far as saying running is against my personal religion.

But I want to run. Like I really want to run. It's a joke really because I can't even run. I mean if a sabre tooth tiger happened to be approaching my computer chair or Tama was about to venture out on a busy road then for sure my adrenaline would kick in and I'd be able to up the mileage- but it'd need to be a bloody short run because not much effort at all and I'd collapse in a heap.

It doesn't help that the picture in my head is totally unrealistic at this point... and it would take a crap load of running for that picture to be anything like accurate... I'd literally need to halve myself to look as hot as I do in my imagination.

I have no idea where to go with this one... I guess I should just run with it, right?
 ♥ 



No comments: